I'm working on building a Solar powered aircraft to try and
set some records.
I call that plane Solar Splinter.
The first real hardware in this project is the Brain.(275K PDF file)
It has the following features:
- Atmel 8535 microprocessor
- Altitude sensor with a 24 bit A/d converter
- Pitot speed sensor for very low speeds.(<25mph)
- Radio modem for sending Telemetry to the ground and for receiveing
commands from the ground
- GPS sensor
- Magnetic compass
- 2 Axis accelerometer.
- Temperature sensor.
- RC receiver monitor to monitor the health of the control
signals from the ground.
The Radio and Compass module are shown below...
Next Page Testing Splinters Brain...